Friday, February 11, 2011

Abstract art.

For a few years now whenever I asked Ella if she wanted to take lessons of some sort she always asked for Art.  Not ballet, not ice skating, not gymnastics... always art.  I tried really hard to find her art classes.  There was NOTHING for little kids.  The U of U offered some kids summer classes but they were for older kids and really pricey.  Well last spring an angel entered out lives.  An angel art teacher.  My sister in law saw her flier at a school and called me right away.  Ella LOVES her weekly art class.  I love it because it isn't just arts and crafts, it is an actual art class.  Today they learned about Wassili Kandensky, the "father" of abstract art.  Then they did a little valentines abstract project. 
I love that she loves art so much.  She tells me all the time that she wants to be an artist when she grows up, just like her grandpa.  I hope she always has this love and enthusiasm for art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment