Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First Day of School!

Oh my... can they really be this big? 
 
 
This day was bitter sweet for me.  I was very excited for them to get back to school and for them not to be stuck at home with me anymore (it was not the best summer ever due to me being a slug).  At the same time I miss them.  They are gone for nearly 8 hours. 
 
8 hours that they are under the influence of others.
8 hours that I am not there to kiss and comfort them when they get hurt.
8 hours that I am not there to help and guide them when they are unsure.
8 hours that I don't get to see them grow and be oh so cute!
 
On the flip side I enjoy 8 hours that I don't have to be the entertainment committee.  I love having sweet one on one time with Sam.  I am not sure how Sam feels about that, he sure gets grumpy with me in the afternoons when he is waiting for his best friends to come home. 
 
James was SO excited to be in first grade... to get to be in ALL DAY school and have school lunch.
 
 
Ella of course was ready to be a 3rd grader and to jump right back in to the social scene...
 
I think it is going to be a great year!
 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about letting your kids go for most of the day. Tempe's only gone for a few hours but I hate thinking that our home and family are not the only influence in her life anymore! But you are such a great mom and it sure shows in your kids. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete