Monday, October 15, 2012

Little weekend getaway.

A couple of weeks ago Dave and I decided on the spur of the moment that we wanted to go to Bear Lake that weekend.  So I called my grandma and made sure her cabin wasn't being used and she said we could use it.  We left Friday evening and took up Dave's fishing boat.  Dave's brother and his wife and sweet little "K" came with us. 
It.
Was.
Wonderful!
 
It was beautiful, warm and peaceful.  It was a perfect weekend getaway.
The sunset was much farther to the south-west than I am used to.
It was only in the low 70's but the kids still wanted to swim and LOVED it!
Dave had fun taking everyone on his boat for rides and fishing.

While everyone else was out boating and fishing Sam and I played on the beach.
 


I love the reflection in this one.
Look at his curl shadows in the water!



Then he had a bath in the sink.


I loved this impromptu daddy-kid-pile cuddle.
 
 
We took a Saturday afternoon drive to Montpelier Idaho.  All the kids napped.
 

 
On our way home on Sunday we stopped in Logan Canyon to take some portraits.
It was SO beautiful!
 
I think my kids were even more beautiful though!




 

1 comment:

  1. oh i LOVE the pic of Sam bathing in the sink! classic! every kid should have one of those :)

    ReplyDelete