Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our very own OLYMPICS!


For our family reunion at Spring Haven I was in charge of the Olympics for the kids (I may have gone a bit overboard). I had so much fun planning and getting everything ready.  Since our little reunion was just a week before the London Olympics we thought it would get the kids in the spirit.  I made each of the kids an Olympic T-shirt and had a first place gold medals with their names etched on them.

We had an opening ceremonies parade to open our...

"R Family Olympics 2012."
The Olympians paraded out singing patriotic songs...

And waving the stars and stripes.
We took a "Team Photo" before the games began.  I airbrushed out the names on the t-shirts of all but my kids.  Trust me though, the t-shirts were cute!


Sam's cute shirt had a gold medal on the front and the rings and his name on the back. 

There were so many fun events!
We divided the kids into age groups to make the competition more evenly matched.  The age groups rotated from event to event.  The events were: 40 yard dash, hurdles, shot put, soccer shoot-out, discus, javelin, long jump and bean bag toss.  The adult running each event kept track of the winners in each age group (I prayed that each kid would at least win gold in 1 event... and they all did!)

Each event was marked with cute signs

This picture shows the cute sign for DISCUS and has our cute little 40 yard dashers in the background.
Here is James doing the bean bag toss.

Shot Put
More 40 yard dashers.
Ella dominating the hurdles

We all took a water break in the shade while the kids did the bean bag toss.
I was feeling sick and exhausted (I didn't know my thyroid hated me yet) so I spent most of my time her in the shade.

Ella won GOLD!

James won GOLD too!


What ADORABLE little Olympians!
Our silly happy Olympians.

 I am so thankful everyone was willing to help so much.  I was so exhausted and didn't have the energy to do much but watch.  I didn't even take very many pictures. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment